We expect all of our patients to advise us in good time if they cannot attend an appointment so that appointment can be offered to another patient, we fully understand that there may be genuine reasons for not attending an appointment and also that errors can be made by the practice when booking appointments. In normal circumstances where there is no reason for an appointment being missed the Practice will follow the policy below.
- The Practice will write to the patient advising them of our Missed Appointment Policy
- If this is the patients first non-attendance of an appointment within six months after receiving the policy we will write to the patient advising them that they missed an appointment and did not advise us that they could not attend.
- If this is the patients third non-attendance of an appointment within the last six month period we will write to the patient advising them that they missed an appointment for a third time and further non-attendances could result in the patient being removed from the practice list.
- If this is the patients fourth non-attendance of an appointment within the last six months of missing an appointment we will write to the patient advising them that they missed an appointment for a fourth time and that we may remove the patient from our practice list and to prevent this we will request that the patient contact us within 28 days to discuss reasons for non-attendance and agree an improvement plan.
- If we receive no contact within 28 days the patient will be removed from our practice list and will receive details as to how to register with another Practice.